CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Soulish Desires

Oh, how I needed to read the quotes to the side! I had not read them for quite some time, and actually forgot they were there. I have been confronting my sinful man a lot lately. How he keeps wanting to come out of the coffin! Ever since we have determined to handle money differently-truly differently-I go through periods of difficulty. Though this is something others probably face regularly, this is new for me. Having to tell myself "no" you must not have that right now is death to me. Of course this is good, yet it is the most difficult thing in the world. To wait on God, to see everything around you falling apart and know there is truly nothing in your power to change it. That is difficult. For He is ever so patient in these trials and doesn't seem to think it as much of an emergency as our soulish desires do! Many times I feel I will be crushed from the despair, yet He always lifts me up and pulls me through.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

I know exactly how you feel about saying 'No' to yourself. It is so hard! I feel deprived and mistreated. Isn't that awful? But, I am finding it easier to do, wll just a little, but then something else will show up in an ad and.... There I go again!