CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Normal Weight

The ladies and I were talking about weight loss. One mentioned that your body naturally gravitates toward a certain weight; it just feel comfortable there because that is where you have allowed it to be. In order to get it to the next level (or plateau-as we usually call it) you have to work really hard to get it there. Say you lose 10 pounds...once it stays there for 1 year, your body will adjust and think that is the new normal weight for you.

How true this is! My plateau used to be 7 or 8 pounds heavier, but I lost the weight and have been here for a year. I have been stuck at 158 forever now. I am so sick of seeing that number on my scale (glad it isn't higher though). I may lose a pound or two, but I always regain it and end up right back where I started. We must persist, ladies!

0 comments: